Mother Goose's LoQ Roawenwood (and a message about resize scripts)


It's well worth a trip to check out the 21 lucky boards for skins at Mother Goose's. Many of them would be great inspiration for a roleplay character in a variety of genres. The subscribomatic gift at LoQ is a hairstyle that is partially a hair tattoo; a first for me. The combination I put together might seem a bit fierce looking for silks and camisks but I liked the contrasting ideas in these characters.


Skin: "HENA(2)B0" lucky board at .::Mother Goose's::.
Hair: "Tiramisu Auburn and hairbase tattoo" subscribo gift at LoQ Hairs
Outfit: "Andromeda in Green" with long skirt and belt lucky chair at Roawenwood

Skin: "Oyat_LB" lucky board at .::Mother Goose's::.
Hair: "Tiramisu dark brown and hairbase tattoo" subscribo gift at LoQ Hairs
Outfit: "Andromeda in Green" with short skirt lucky chair at Roawenwood

Roawenwood is newly reopened with a whole new look. In celebration the lucky chair prizes have been changed.  After two days of trying I just couldn't win the mardi gras outfit but I have the two other prizes to show you. As one of the sponsors of the upcoming Twisted hunt, Roawenwood will be hosting a mini hunt within the hunt on March 1. Subscribe to Roawenwood and stay tuned for more details.

The scribish looking fellow on my shoulder was a tip sent to me inworld via notecard today.

Skin: "Choi_LB" lucky board at .::Mother Goose's::.
Hair: "Tiramisu jetblack and hairbase tattoo" subscribo gift at LoQ Hairs
Outfit: "Wrapped N Netted Green" lucky chair prize at Roawenwood
Shoulder Pet:  "DM FREEFRIENDS" a gift at The Dahu.

Skin: "Trudy_LB" lucky board at .::Mother Goose's::. ((this skin makes me think panther girl camo))
Hair: "Tiramisu platinum and hairbase tattoo" subscribo gift at LoQ Hairs
Outfit: "Wrapped N Netted Green" lucky chair prize at Roawenwood
Shoulder Pet:  "DM FREEFRIENDS" a gift at The Dahu.


I'd like to take a moment for a little personal aside. While waiting around the chairs at Roawenwood I saw this sign. As a roleplayer in various themed sims, lag can often ruin my night so it caught my eye.
I clicked on the sign and this came up in chat.

[20:35] GoreanGoodies Shuffle has 3 activ from 3 scripts attached using a total of 48 KiloBytes

Not too bad.  I am usually very careful about how many scripts I wear. I removed items and kept clicking and found out those scripts are from my AO. I had time to kill while waiting for the chair so I experimented with different AO's I have and got dramatically different results.

[20:38] GoreanGoodies Shuffle has 3 activ from 3 scripts attached using a total of 144 KiloBytes

Good information and well worth the time I invested. I think I'm going to rip out my anims and try to learn how to use the built in viewer AO, that might help.

I wish every roleplay sim had a sign like this. I think there are a lot of people out there who aren't aware of how many scripts they are wearing or the effect on not only their own experience but the experience of those around them. For example this person came over to the lucky chairs and also clicked the lag sign.

[21:38] (name removed) has 177 activ from 178 scripts attached using a total of 10 MegaBytes

If you are nervous about removing the scripts out of your item just make a copy first. Leave the original in your inventory, wear and resize or recolor the copy, then remove the script from it. Most scripted items now even provide an option right on the menu encouraging you to do so. From then on just wear the copy unless you need to resize or recolor again, then you have the original as a back up.

It's worth trying, it might improve your experience and even if it doesn't help it can't hurt. You probably can't do anything about your scripted meters or weapons, but you might be surprised to learn how taxing titlers, huds, radars and those green text converter things can be. This is why I am a big fan of the display name feature, it has greatly reduced the need for many of those.

If you don't have one of these signs near you there are other ways to find your script count. In the Phoenix viewer just right click on your avie and choose S.Count. There might be similar abilities in other viewers but I don't know what they are off the top of my head.

If you are a sim owner and are reading this blog I'd like to say I think these signs are a great idea. Many of the people I saw in the time I was chair stalking clicked and it generated some interesting conversations about the subject of lag and scripts and generated some useful information for many.

1 comment

Elle Couerblanc said...

I am scared to find out how script lagged I am! Good info on your post and oh, Roawenwood, I totally need to check them out.

Post a Comment

 
|  Themed inSL. ©2009|Present. Blogger under the hood.